International Trade Remedies Forum
The International Trade Remedies Forum (ITRF) brings together representatives from Australian manufacturers and producers, importers, unions and Government agencies. The ITRF provides an opportunity for key users of the anti-dumping system to advise the Government on the operation and improvements to Australia’s anti-dumping legislation (that is, Part XVB of the Customs Act 1901 and the Customs Tariff (Anti-Dumping) Act 1975).
Information on the most recent reforms to Australia’s anti-dumping system can be found at Anti-Dumping Notice No. 2015/129 – Reforms to the anti-dumping system.
Any enquires regarding the ITRF can be directed to the ITRF Secretariat at ITRFsecretariat@adcommission.gov.au.
At the 9 September 2016 meeting of the ITRF, the government announced the release of an economic analysis of Asian steel and aluminium markets prepared by the Anti-Dumping Commission and announced a range of proposed operational improvements to improve the integrity of decisions and the effectiveness of the anti-dumping and countervailing system. Further information can be found on the Reference Material page.
The ITRF meets at least twice per calendar year and is chaired by the Commissioner of the Anti-Dumping Commission. The meeting outcomes and action items from each ITRF meeting are provided to ITRF members at the following meeting for endorsement and are published on the website shortly after. The meeting outcomes and action items from ITRF meetings are available below:
9 September 2016
2 December 2015
17 August 2015
A copy of slides of presentations given at past meetings are available below:
12 December 2016
9 September 2016
Members of the ITRF
Members of the ITRF are appointed by the Minister. The membership of the ITRF reflects the broad interests and issues of Australian manufacturers, producers, importers, downstream industry, industry associations and trade unions. Members of the ITRF are:
· Commissioner of the Anti-Dumping Commission (Presiding Member)
· Arrium Limited
· Australian Forest Products Association
· Australian Industry Group
· Australian Steel Association Inc.
· Australian Steel Institute
· BlueScope Steel Limited
· Capral Limited
· CSR Limited
· Food and Beverage Importers Association
· Law Council of Australia
· National Farmers’ Federation
· Plastics and Chemicals Industries Association
· Rio Tinto
· SPC Ardmona Operations Limited
· Stoddart Group
· Australian Council of Trade Unions
· Automotive, Food, Metals, Engineering, Printing and Kindred Industries Union known as the Australian Manufacturing Workers’ Union
· Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union
· The Australian Workers’ Union
· Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
· Department of Immigration and Border Protection
· Department of Industry, Innovation and Science